Monday, February 14, 2005

PHP Breakthrough!

Annie and I met with Dr. Iba on 2-14-05.

Ayoub's Data
We practiced creating a view in postgresql that combined two tables.

Web interface
Since we ran into some problems making perl connect the database with the web interface, we decided to use PHP instead. Dr. Iba and I continued after Annie left for work and we succeeded, with the help of another student's example, in inserting data from an html form into a sample table. The next step is to make separate PHP files for each web page (similar to what we did for the perl files), with a function to insert data into the table when they hit submit. Once this is done we will be able to get the web interface up and running so that Dr. McMahon can use it to input data. Dr. Iba also showed me how to access my files on wardrobe, and I will be looking into transferring files from my computer into that directory using PSCP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home